Old January 15th 19, 06:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default performance brick and mortar adieu?

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 7:35:17 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 1/14/2019 7:47 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

Maybe we can get the NG to put together some cash and make a bid for Nashbar. We can change it back to Bike Warehouse and recreate the '70s-'80s catalog offerings. http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/BikeWarehouse-80/

I could us a few Belt Beacons for $8.95 each.

Well, according to the inflation calculator, that's $57.35 in 2017 dollars.. Hmmmm. We can beat that! Get some Alibaba $1 tail lights and put them in cut-off beer cans or little plastic pots with with belt attachments and amber trailer light lenses. Sell them to the hard-core retro crowd -- the guys who are buying up all the handlebar bags. We'll be hundredaires!

-- Jay Beattie.