Old July 21st 13, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Default Child mown down by hi-speed pavement cyclist

On Sunday, July 21, 2013 4:52:50 PM UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
Paul Cummins wrote:

In article ,

(Mrcheerful) wrote:

Oscar Sowden was walking home from Caversham Festival last Sunday

with his family when the cyclist ploughed into him at speed on the

footpath running beneath Reading Bridge.

1) It's not a footpath, it's a bridleway along the edge of the thames

2) What was a five year old doing there alone, unsupervised by an

adult.

3) As it's a bridleway, there is no need for an adjacent cycle path,

and there isn't one.

So it is OK to mow down unaccompanied children ?

In any case it would appear that the crash happened on the bridge, where the

pavement has a cycle path.

And yet you quoted "Oscar Sowden was walking home from Caversham Festival last Sunday with his family when the cyclist ploughed into him at speed on the footpath running beneath Reading Bridge."

So "on the bridge" or "beneath the bridge"? I think that you would prefer "beneath the bridge" as a troll.

I wonder if it was a class-related attack? I mean, Oscar and Sebastian! Emma looks rather cute, but her slightly pained look would tend to deflate me a bit, I fear.