Old August 21st 13, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Cyclist hunts for witnesses

On 21/08/2013 08:55, Brian Robertson wrote:

On 20/08/2013 19:43, Mrcheerful wrote:

Cyclist just manages to stop before running into the back of a Range
Rover and is surprised that the owner takes exception to the cyclist's
antics. Cyclist claims he was knocked off and wants to drum up some
witnesses.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-23757876

Which all goes to convince me even more that a camera on my crash helmet
is an essential tool that every cyclist should have. Such behaviour by
car drivers should lead, inevitably, to prosecution and a substantial ban.

A disqualification from driving for a physical assault with the fists?

Would you extend it to all crimes, or just those alleged to have been
committed against cyclists?

Would you, for instance, impose a "substantial ban" (from driving) for
criminal damage committed by someone damaging a car with a cycle-lock?
Or by hurling a bicycle onto a vehicle's bonnet?

And if not, why not?