Old January 11th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Default heart attacks & cycling...

Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
After the heart attack death of Mike Janelle http://mikejanelle.com/ at
age 40 over Thanksgiving, I think it's time to revisit is cycling
dangerous to your health. We have seen many cases where pro-cyclists
often die of heart attacks in the 50's and rarely make it past their
60's, I think someone, somewhere should really study what cycling does
to the heart. Is it the strain on the heart, that eventually weakens
it, why does cycling usually lead to a fatal heart attack? We owe to
the fallen, to find the real answer.

That's an incident. The trend is more to Bartali, Kitching, Anquetil
than Pantani or Coppi.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org