Old May 21st 20, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Let’s campaign for more bicycles !

On 21/05/2020 12:32, JNugent wrote:
On 21/05/2020 09:37, TMS320 wrote:

On 21/05/2020 09:26, colwyn wrote:

We can’t go back to our old noisy world Lockdown has made us
appreciate how much damage is caused by the drumbeat of modern life

The daft thing is that the rule makers now want electric cars to make
a noise...

...in order to protect pedestrians.

You have made it clear that you don't care about pedestrians, so do not
so readily see the common sense in taking steps to protect them/us from
a silent approach from an unseen direction.

Perhaps all pedestrians should learn the Green Cross Code before
attempting to cross a road.
Do you never look before you cross a road whether there is no noise?
I know that I do it automatically.
Many bicycles are virtually silent. There's no excuse to not check
first, if one has any sense.

--
Bod