Old May 21st 20, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Let’s campaign for more bicycles !

On 21/05/2020 16:29, JNugent wrote:
On 21/05/2020 13:46, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/05/2020 12:32, JNugent wrote:
On 21/05/2020 09:37, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/05/2020 09:26, colwyn wrote:

We can’t go back to our old noisy world Lockdown has made us
appreciate how much damage is caused by the drumbeat of
modern life

The daft thing is that the rule makers now want electric cars
to make a noise...

...in order to protect pedestrians.

No. To protect drivers.

You'd have to try to make an argument for that.

But you won't succeed.

Noise is currently not fitted. If you want it, first try to
argue why it should be added.

You have made it clear that you don't care about pedestrians, so
do not so readily see the common sense in taking steps to protect
them/us from a silent approach from an unseen direction.

What on earth do you think I'm doing when I don't want this noise?

Who knows? Perhaps you want to be able to sneak up behind pedestrians
in an electric car on the footway like you do on your bike.

If it's you, I would take great delight in doing that.

And it's not common sense.

I accept that for you, pedestrians don't matter. You have made that
more than abundantly clear. There's no need for you to labour the
point.

Then I take it that after telling me that other peoples' safety is MUCH
more important than [your] convenience you will never be using a car again.