Old May 24th 04, 08:25 PM
Simon Proven

Default The _Observer_ on "deadly" bike lanes

Peter Clinch wrote:

Probably most affected are things like trikes and trailers, which can't
easily get through those little traffic-limiting gates designed to stop
yoofs tearing up and down the things on scooters and mopeds

Yeah. We just got our £2 million bridge over the A14 installed
just outside Cambridge - but if you want to get to the local
household waste recycling centre/tip with a trailer you need to
either go around the roundabout the bridge is supposed to help
you avoid, or cycle all the way through Milton and back down the
A10 to the junction. There's a perfectly good bridge over the
A10 but it's got barriers that prevent a trailer. *fume*