Old September 14th 05, 09:53 PM
Random Data

Default MTB - Need new chain + cassette

Paulie-AU wrote:

I reckon you should spring the dollars for an XT and then be nice to it
(watch for chain wear) and you will have it for a long time. I also
really like the wipperman chains. The 904 is a good chain at a nice
price.

Seconded. Chain wear is easy to measure. Get an imperial ruler. Measure
rivet to rivet across twelve links, and it should be bang on 12". If
it's 1/16 more then the chain is probably due for replacement. If it's
1/8 more then your cluster will probably need replacement as well.

Dave - who has 11-34 XT clusters on both good MTBs, and cast offs on
the rest of the bikes