Old August 22nd 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,pdx.general,or.politics,rec.autos.driving
Bjorn Berg f/Fergie Berg and All the Ships at S

Default Portland's Bridge Pedal Debacle

On Aug 21, 9:46 pm, Lobby Dosser
wrote:
"Jeremy Parker" wrote:

"Lobby Dosser" wrote

[snip]

[Restricted Access

Interstate Highways

(a) It has been found and determined that the health, safety and
welfare
of the public require that the use of all Interstate highways in
the

[snip]

(c) The use of the aforesaid Interstate Highways by the following
classes of traffic is prohibited unless permission therefor has
been
obtained in advance from the Commissioner for the classes of
traffic
identified in (c)3 or (c)6 below:
1. Pedestrians;
2. Animals led, ridden or driven;
3. Bicycles;]

And I have a permit to ride my bike on the interstates of New Jersey,
although I seem to have mislaid it at the moment. Since I am three
thousand miles from New Jersey at the moment, in London England, I
won't expend much effort in searching for it right now.

I got the permit about a quarter of a century ago, I think, but it's
good for life.

Jeremy Parker

I'd rather not even Drive in NJ, never mind cycling!

Too many escaped jungle animals, especially lions chasing giraffes
outside Passaic.