Old November 28th 06, 03:02 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
black

Default RR: Losing her cherry (Klondike Bluffs)

Exhaling Pleasure

In my infancy of becoming a mountain biker, I would go as far to say
that I will mature into a fine beauty (albeit looks) and ride with
modest experts, or so I hope. As I believe one has to learn how to walk
before she/he can run.

Sporting my ever so SWEET embellished hot pink helmet, riding shoes,
and cushy gloves I set out to accomplish a new experience, which I did.
Feeling as if I were a speck of sand compared to the premature Goliath
I was faced with, I am proud to admit that I impressed myself. Sure, I
felt like exchanging a greasy breakfast for an empty stomach. I battled
through it, never doubting my determination just as I have done with
many life challenges I have encountered; mentally, emotionally and
physically.

Ever so grateful for having patience, understanding, and kindness on my
side, I learned that he is truly a gem. Previous experiences taught me
intimidation as a beginner, by arrogant, pompous, self proclaimed
(quasi) experts. Needless to say, I often found myself retreating to
the scared little girl I once was, trying to do something that was
unfamiliar and foreign to me. Not defeated, rather inspired, and ****ed
off, I pulled up my bootstraps and challenged myself, cause it WAS/IS
all about me.

I have accustomed myself to embrace every challenge and envelop myself
with the pleasure of crossing the unforeseeable finish line...whether
obtained seasoned, or as a babe in whatever I do, while learning the
substance of me. So, if you end up seeing a girl walking, running, or
simply a flash of pink out of the corner of your eye engaging in battle
with a mound, mountain, or monster, think back.

Whether I walked or ran, I got there, and had someone by my side
encouraging me with presence and unspoken word.

Ohhh! How succulent that Cherry was......