Old November 28th 06, 05:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Raptor

Default RR: Losing her cherry (Klondike Bluffs)

JD wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I'm a modestly expert mountain biker

I'd like to put that notion to the test some day, spinnerboy.

So would I. Hey, I did say "modest." It takes me more than two hours to
do Slickrock, after all.

I was looking at Sovereign, because I haven't yet done it myself and it
sounded pretty easy. But the dude at Slickrock Cycles said hmm, maybe
Klondike would be better.

Klondike is a better newb ride. I've taken quite a few tour clients
out there. I hope you paused to check out the dinosaur tracks.

Yes, it was perfect, but we didn't know about the dinosaur tracks. Next
time, if there is one.

Next time, we do Top of the World.

You had better make her a climber first, or you'll go away with an
ex-g/f.

I have been riding with my g/f a lot lately and she's quite an
exceptional climber already for her newness to the whole thing. We
even got her first "mountain" ride in last weekend.

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...=si&img=165 2

Cool. Mine will be a climber someday. Gotta get the power:weight ratio
fixed on both sides first, but she's got the balls for it.

--
Lynn Wallace

If FDR fought fascism the way Bush fights terrorism, we'd all be
speaking German now.