Old September 4th 06, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Causer

Default "Sorry mate, sorry mate, sorry mate"

"Sorry mate, sorry mate, sorry mate". The traveller was genuinely
apologetic that one of his dogs had given me a bite on the ankle so gentle
that I couldn't feel it. It must have been the grip she used for picking
up pups. I assured him I wasn't hurt at all, and waved as I carried on.

Good job the /other/ one was on a chain though, judging by the noise it
made.

Funnily enough the only dog bite I've ever had that drew blood was from a
local farmer's dog that we thought was getting used to me going by on
bikes. Stand talking for 15 minutes (to farmer, not dog), then stretch
out a fist for him to sniff (dog, not farmer). We were wrong.

Mike