Old September 18th 06, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dylan Smith

Default "Sorry mate, sorry mate, sorry mate"

On 2006-09-05, wrote:
calf. I cycled with the two of them attached to me. Luckily they let go
when I started to go a bit faster.

I find waving my pump at them (which handily extends when I pull it off
the frame) in a threatening manner usually makes them turn tail. Most of
them are cowards if it looks like they are going to get walloped.

The only one that actually bit me was a giant bear of a dog. When it did
(I was about 16, and cycling back from the shops wearing jeans), it
didn't really hurt but I was so angry I shouted at the bloody animal and
it quickly backed off and ran home, tail between legs. (That one was a
farm dog, I'd seen it many times before when going by the farm gates -
which were normally closed).

Oolite-Linux: an Elite tribute:
http://oolite-linux.berlios.de