Old January 19th 04, 08:27 PM
Rick Onanian

Default Naming a bike

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:12:14 -0500, David Kerber
wrote:
This thread got my mind wandering in a completely different direction:
how many of you give your bikes (and/or cars) names? I've never done

My bikes haven't gotten names; they haven't begged for them. I have
had two cars that begged for names:

- A 1987 Cadillac that was really, really beat. It was called "the
hoopty", as it looked like a drug dealer's car; it was later renamed
to "The Bakery" after I used a "Bakery now open 9 to 5" sign in the
windshield to prevent the interior from getting too hot.

- A 1997 Pontiac Grand Am that, from the day I got it, caused
constant bird fatalities -- they would fly into the front bumper or
the windshield often. It was called "The Birdshot".
--
Rick Onanian