Old January 20th 04, 03:24 AM
Ryan Cousineau

Default True Cost of a Supermarket Bike

In article ,
"jacques" wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:24:35 +0100, Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:

[Elisa bought a bike from a supermarket]

Moral of the story: now, when my colleagues ask me about a good place to
buy a bike, I steer them away from the supermarket.

EFR
Ile de France

Elisa,

Please forgive me for what I will say, which is useless, unkind and also
far too easy after the facts, but I can't help it:
After all the time you've spent posting and supposedly reading in this
newsgroup, why did you go to a supermarket to buy your bike ?

Please don't hate me

No, it's a fair question. As I have shown, all the good bikes are found
at garage sales and behind bike shop dumpsters.

Bianchi garage sale bike: $10
RSX Brake calipers and decent levers: $35
My favourite orange seat: $2
Outsprinting most of the people on a local racing club ride: priceless

One person looked at the blue lunchbox on the back rack and said,
"you're proud of that thing, aren't you?"

-RjC.
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club