Old January 26th 09, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Grange

Default urc's resident "troll feeder"

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 02:13:00 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
wrote:

After over 45 posts in the last 4 days I confess to having consigned "Just
this guy" yet again to my "killfile". His endless drivelling responses label
him as much of a "troll" as "judith" / "nuxx" ( in his/her countless
aliases) and he has finally joined that select band of permanent residents.

It would seem to be a good idea that he actually gets on his bike instead of
his "high horse" for a change.

I shall be subjected to flames I know, but he, above all others, bears a large
responsibility for dragging this NG back into the mire.

I've become more aggressive in kill-filing recently. I used to find
the rantings from the likes of Nuxxy and the peurile goading from
Judith faintly amusing, but it gets boring after a while. Judith is a
bit of a challenge as she keeps nymshifting, presumably because she is
some kind of megalomaniac and can't believe people really don't want
to read what she says, but I'm winning that one just now. I've also
taken to ignoring any thread either started merely to start a fight or
hijacked by the non-cyclist wazoks. Most of the troll-responding you
are complaining about happens in such threads anyway.

Doubtless there are some here who would say that's a head-in-the-sand
attitude. They can say that if they want, most of them are kill-filed
anyway :-) It's a form of personal censorship, but no different from
choosing to buy the Sun or the Telegraph or the Guardian, for example.

And I might even get out on the bike today!