Old August 22nd 05, 01:55 AM
EuanB

Default Warning: H*lm*t content

Bleve Wrote:

Sure, I don't believe that helmets (or seatbelts) should be compulsory
but if you choose not to wear one, you're an idiot

I disagree. It means they've come to a different conclusion than yo
have. That doesn't make them an idiot

Who are you to say otherwise? Show me the data that head injuries hav
decreased per kilometer cycled as a result of compulsion and you ma
have a point. Current data points to the opposite trend

So who's the idiot? The ones demanding helmet compulsion thereb
slashing cycling numbers and increasing the risk per kilometer cycle
or the ones who leave it to the individual o make the choice

Noting that you're not for compulsion which is a different argumen
from whether one should or not

--
EuanB