Old April 7th 20, 06:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Economics not bicycle tech

On 4/7/2020 11:37 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/7/2020 11:47 AM, wrote:
On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 4:58:27 PM UTC-7, Frank
Krygowski wrote:
On 4/6/2020 6:43 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 2:07:01 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich
wrote:

When Trump was a Democrat everyone was delighted with
him and all said that he had no ego at all. ...

I always thought he was a dopey self-promoter,
regardless of his political affiliation. Another
narcissistic trust-fund baby building temples to himself
-- between bankruptcies and booty-calls.

I thought about Trump almost not at all. What - a real
estate guy who
slathers his name on every building that he puts up?
Sounds very
egotistical. And a game show with a punch line "You're
fired!"?? I don't
watch any game shows, and if I did, that would be low on
the list.

Tom is making a common ideologue mistake: assuming
everyone that
disagrees with him has exactly the same opinions.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Again and again you show your total ignorance of business.
That is called "branding" and not egotism. Do you say that
about Motel 6 or the Radisson chain?

I wasn't aware that any Mister 6 was responsible for
splashing his name on all those Hotel 6 buildings. And I see
that Radisson was named after a 17th century French
explorer. Did he return from the dead to promote his "brand"?

A counter-example: Arni Nashbar is a friend of mine. He
started a business called Bike Warehouse that did remarkably
well. At a time it was growing rapidly, the name changed to
Bike Nashbar. As he was showing a bunch of us around the
works at that time, he said he resisted that name change;
but his lawyers said it would be difficult to impossible to
defend a copyright on "Bike Warehouse" - that it was too
generic. They urged him to use his last name.

I think that was pretty much the opposite of the
self-proclaimed "stable genius," the "I'm a very smart guy,"
the guy who said "I really am brilliant," etc.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...-orig-alee.cnn

Can you spot any egotism? I can.

Every time you post you show why your life has been a
failure and why your hatred for anyone and everyone around
you is so intense.

Tom, I'm sorry you're a nut case living in a hell hole. I
really am sorry. But please understand, it's not my fault.

We can do this all day long regarding brands, both examples
and counterexamples. For every Days Inn there's a Hilton. No
one did ego like Leona Helmsley of Helmsley Hotels.

This only proves that the world is a big place and says
nothing about Donald J Trump one way or the other.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/