Old November 3rd 04, 11:16 PM
Wayne Pein

B i l l S o r n s o n wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote:

B i l l S o r n s o n wrote:

Perhaps I misunderstood him, but the snippets I read /sounded like/
he was saying a cyclist can take a lane any time s/he damned well
pleases. (And apparently Bob took it the same way I did.) I don't
agree with that. Of course it's advisable and even necessary at
times; it's also stupid and even suicidal at other times.

Bill, having examined thousands of bicyclist collisions, been a
bicycling researcher for seven years, and spent 42 years bicycling, I
can clearly say you don't have a leg to stand on when you claim using
the full lane is "stupid and even suicial." You are fear mongering.

What part of "at other times" did you not see/read/understand, Wayne? I
know when to take a lane, and when not to (and the latter is a mistake that
night be made only once).

I read your "at other times."

So, please tell us when a lawfully riding bicylist is "stupid and suicidal."

Wayne