Old May 3rd 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Cathy Kearns

Default Wal-Mart Italian Road Bike for $1198

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Cathy Kearns wrote:

I have a women's geometry 5000 trek from a few years back. I remember
test riding a slightly larger 5000, which we determined was too large.
And a different model women's trek the size of my bike. Both had 700c
wheels. I ordered the my bike, and didn't ask if it would have smaller
wheels, since the neither of those I test road had the smaller wheels.
Yes, they certainly look precious, but the bike does fit me.

However, the guys and girls on my rides all have 700c tires. When
someone has an extremely bad day, and goes through their stash of tubes,
the others can loan them tires. If I have an extremely bad day I'm
getting a ride home. (But with the cute little wheels the bike will fit
in any car.) My husband and I needed two different stashes of tubes at
home. I have 650c wheels, and I can tell you, you don't want 650c
wheels.

Calling ISO 571-mm (aka 650C) wheels small is very odd.

I believe I called them smallER than 700c wheels. Really, you think they
are the same size or something?

My problem is the 700c is so much more common than the 650c wheels that it's
almost a standard. Non-standard equipment is always harder to deal with.