Old February 3rd 20, 09:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Did You Say Ebola or Emonda?

Congratulations on your new bike. -- AJ NFT

On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 11:45:14 PM UTC, Tom Kunich wrote:

The Emonda came in and I was instantly impressed. The headset bearings are a slip fit so I only had to attach a spare stem and handlebar to get the front end working fine. I slapped a saddle on it and what really surprised me was the wheels slipped right in with no pushing or pulling. Because it is carbon forks I'm leaving the lawyers lips on the forks. It isn't as if I need to change wheels in a hurry. I was rather surprised by the perfection of the fit - the wheels were perfectly centered. I guess you could use 28 mm tires in it but I get along fine with 25's.

The tubeless wheels I have I was using on the Lemond today. On the return from a 35 mile ride the wheels did a little walking around since at one place in particular I was exposed to 40 mph wind. But for most of the return the wind was around 25 mph and the only event was my friend Will saying about 6 miles from the finish, "This isn't any fun anymore". A slight rise and a 25 mph headwind tends to do that to people. So I took the most direct route possible back to his place and waved as I continued another 4 1/2 miles home.

Now, the spokes on the Clincher wheels are WAY tighter and you can tell that by ringing the spokes. And they are not effected in the least by side gusts. So I have to get a Shimano freehub for them so that I can use them on the Emonda.