Old February 14th 20, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Nederlander low gear innovation

On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:50:01 PM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/14/2020 5:04 AM, wrote:
On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:52:08 AM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 5:35:48 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
We usually advise 'follow manufacturer's directions' but in
this case a clever exception shows some promise:

https://bikerumor.com/2020/02/07/how...ullet-gearing/

So that's instead of just having two chainrings? Um... why?

- Frank Krygowski

Why? To get rid of the FD and front shifter and avoiding to shift front and back in critical race situations. Some people think they can benefit from it.

Oh. Now I remember! If some people _think_ they can benefit from it,
we're not allowed to discuss what anyone else may think.

IOW, comparison of real benefits and detriments is strongly discouraged
here.

--
- Frank Krygowski

He don't shoot the messenger. You asked a question I tried to answer politely. If it has no benefit for you don't buy a 1x11/12 set up. For me it has no benefit so I stay with 2x11 set ups. Why do you say 'if some people 'think' they can benefits from it'. Are you saying that they lie if they say so?

Lou