Old February 16th 20, 12:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Pedestrian and cyclist taken to Frimley Park Hospital followingcrash in Fleet

On 15/02/2020 18:32, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 6:05:30 PM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/02/2020 12:33, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 11:15:26 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:

Off hand, I can't think of anything equivalent to a driving licence
that requires a declaration of fitness to perform a task.

I was temporarily banned from driving by the DVLA after a serious
injury and for me to get my licence back, had to undergo a mental and
physical examination by my GP. I passed and regained my licence.

Obviously you weren't applying for routine renewal at the time so how
did the DVLA get the information by which it could "ban" you? Did you
volunteer it or did it go behind your back?

I don't know, it was totally out of the blue and was nothing to do with any information that I gave.

So you dishonestly and selfishly failed to declare a medical condition
which could/should disqualify you from driving but the system got there
ahead of you and disrupted your plans to drive whilst unfit.

Is there a downside to this?