Old February 24th 20, 12:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default French vintage lamp, plastic, serviceable?

On Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 10:36:53 PM UTC, Sepp Ruf wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
On 2/21/2020 2:37 PM, Sepp Ruf wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, February 21, 2020 at 10:43:35 AM UTC-8, Sepp Ruf wrote:
lou.holtman wrote:
On Friday, February 21, 2020 at 1:11:46 PM UTC+1, Sepp Ruf wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 7:35:46 PM UTC, Duane wrote:

Then you have people riding in the rain, pitch dark, pitch dark rain
down steep declines etc. etc. etc. I seriously doubt that there's a
one for all solution.

In rallying, I seem to remember that only two brands of lamps were chosen
by all the top competitors. The dominant one was the French Cibie, used
by Porsche despite the fact that the other one, less good, was from
Hella, a German firm.

I'd pay a lot if I could have the light output of that bank of big Cibie
lamps across the front of my rally Porsche on my bike...

Okay, you made me check my lamp dump drawer. Does anyone know how to access
the electrics compartment part in these?

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/FEU-PROJECTE...F/173881934437

I can only detach the front lens and unscrew the E10 bulb.

The engenious one-part sculpture of aluminized plastic that is both the
reflector, and the base, will not move to the front one bit -- yes, even if
I bark at it in Old Prussian, threatening to shoot Namibian sand at the
lens, or to buy a new lamp from vontrotha.

Smash it against the wall. That will teach him or her.

Good idea. Then sell it as "fully disassembled, exact same level of
functionality as before" and use the proceeds to quickly repaint the wall..[1]

--
[1]
This message brought to you by the National Clean Up – Paint Up – Fix Up

Something tells me you've had that experience.

No, just mild Soviet fallout exposure that made my Soubitez-equipped bike
glow twice as bright. And just mild smashes involving gym mats, not walls.
And I have no axe to grind with French volunteers either, they are welcome
to drag UV-irradiated Mme Lagarde's luxurious tortoise butt out of
Frankfurt, asap.
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ecb-buys-lvmh-bonds-finance-tiffanys-acqusition-making-frances-richest-man-even-richer

Thanks. I thought only USAians hated that pompous bitch.

JFTR:
My fault for letting you misunderstand. It was only a satirical role of a
colonies-envious Prussian going completely mad over some French piece of
plastic junk, and ending up welcoming French "volunteers" to remigrate Mme
Lagarde. In reality, everybody on the Continent absolutely adores Mme
Lagarde, Europe's leading monetary expert, best dressed economist, and sole
markets wizard able to halt tomorrow's FTSE-MIB crash triggered by the
Yellow Plague.

--
Don't fight the Fed.

And that's the Final Word, straight from Muti Merkel.

-- AJ