Old February 21st 05, 02:00 PM
skip

wrote in message
oups.com...
Jim Kern did 486 miles in Saturdays early season RAAM qualifier in
Florida. A top DF racer only beat him by 10 miles for the fastest RAAM
qulifier in the UMCA's history! Jim is 48 Chris is 32. A 16 year age
diference.
Great ride Jim Kern on your Bacchetta Aero!
I am sure Team NoCom will easily beat this time? We shall see....
The Aero is the bike for a solo RAAM crossing.

Mr. Gorilla

If that was a 24 hour race I would say it was a hell of a feat for anyone,
let alone a 48 year old, and expecially so if it was done without drafting.
Are there previous records for the event, Mr. Gorilla? Has anyone broken
the 500 mile mark?

skip