Old August 14th 03, 07:55 AM
Ryan Cousineau

Default Orientation of brakes

In article . net,
"bfd" wrote:

Yup, and the fact that its a full *145g* lighter than the 2003 version means
Trek is going to get the BIG bucks! I bet this new 2004 Trek 5900 Superlight
(gotta luv that name) with Shimano Dura Ace 10 is going to retail in the
$5000+ range! So, what are you waiting for? Get rid of that old steel bike
(you still riding steel?) and get in line NOW!

Hey, I am the farthest thing from a weight weenie, but a 145g weight
reduction is nearly mythic by weight weenie standards. On a bike that
weighs about 6.8 kg, that's over 2% right there.

Pulling that sort of weight improvement on a mature design is reasonably
impressive. It shouldn't be enough to push OCLV riders to dump last
year's model, but at least the engineers should be impressed

Personally, I am still more than 145g above my goal weight, so I will
work on reducing the weight of and aerodynamic refinements to my belly.

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club