Old January 11th 11, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Triathlism: an incredibly unserious sport

On Jan 10, 8:18*pm, Mark wrote:
On Jan 10, 8:55*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

Money doesn't buy happiness. *It buys freedom.

Too often - freedom to live a meaningless existence.

Is there any other kind of existence? *Have you ever read "On the
Origin of Species"? *It's perfectly rational to jump into the socially-
created money pit to purchase a period of comfort until you die.

I'm writing as an observer not as a victim - although I've had my
shinky moments in life.

I don't buy into the heaven and hell - god fantasy but probably end up
being just as intellectually vulnerable from the belief that the
'energy' continues and comes back to the playground we've designed
here. ( Alan Watts - The Book )

However, I don't think it's like Groundhog Day, statistics would
predict for every life wasted on RBR and EBAY there are hundreds of
lives to live in the slums of Africa and the factories of China.

In that case I'd prefer to believe that 'nothing' happens and the end
is the end - problem is I have my own personal experience that is very
much in conflict with 'nothing'.

I've got 'hell' to pay - and actually I'm a pretty decent guy other
than playing around in here and the occasional slide.

Like most Americans - I prefer life, love and the pursuit of
materialness but know that it all can slip away pretty easily.