Old August 17th 19, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bob prohaska

Default Replacing a lost toolkit

Dennis Davis wrote:
In article ,

Not quite what you're asking for, but a tool case that fits in a
bottle cage might be suitable. Something like:

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BO365S...cage-tool-case

That's something I hadn't considered.

Can be easily switched between bikes. And is *visible* so you can
easily check it's present before setting off for a ride.

The missing seat bag toolkit was visible too; still baffled how I managed
to not notice its (either) absence or falling off. In the latter case the
racket should have been considerable.

Of course giving up a bottle cage might not be acceptable,
especially if you're in a hot climate.

I am in a hot climate and normally carry a 3 liter camelback in the
pannier baskets. Since that's filled often I have no trouble remembering
to check it. The bottle cage has never been used.

Thanks for posting!

bob prohaska