Old May 31st 20, 04:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Favorite biking snacks?

On 5/31/2020 1:23 AM, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 30 May 2020 22:03:56 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

On Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 12:58:40 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Riffing off the "bonk" thread:

For most of my family's bicycling career (now approaching 50 years) we
took various snacks along on rides greater than 25 miles or so. But
somehow, with changes in life and changes in riding habits, we seem to
have gotten out of that snack habit.

On a couple of recent mid-30 miler rides on country roads, my wife
didn't bonk, but she certainly ran out of steam. During one of them, I
happened to find a gel packet buried in my bag, so I gave her that. It
helped noticeably; so we should get back to carrying snacks.

But I'd prefer something a little more like food, a little less like a
medical infusion. Since we're no longer performance riders, actually
stopping the bike to eat would be OK. even though on solo rides I prefer
to keep moving.

What are people's preferences for on-bike snacks?

--
- Frank Krygowski

You are a good man.

I have a request.

I feel like I am fairly intelligent.

On a couple of recent mid-30 miler rides on country roads, my wife
didn't bonk, but she certainly ran out of steam.

I have no idea what bonk is.

I used to be a technical writer.

I learned to write to "my audience."

So I would very MUCH appreciate that you would post things that would not require using a websearch to look up some terms of your posts.

Best regards,

Andy

You mention that "I learned to write to "my audience.""
and you are certainly correct.

And, it might be noted, that everyone here understood the Original
Poster's writing so apparently he did "write to his audience".

Also my question was triggered by a thread started May 23 by Sir
Ridesalot: "Bonking + Bicycles."

But thanks for the compliment, Andy.

--
- Frank Krygowski