Old February 18th 13, 04:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

Default Froome!

On 18/02/2013 14:52, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 2/17/2013 3:54 AM, atriage wrote:
On 16/02/2013 23:41, Mower Man wrote:
On 16/02/2013 10:50 PM, atriage wrote:
On 16/02/2013 17:52, Michael wrote:
Watch out for Froome Dog this year.

TOUR OF OMAN GC

1 Christopher Froome (GBr) 23:28:33
2 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) 0:00:27
3 Cadel Evans (Aus) 0:00:39
4 Joaquim Rodriguez Oliver (Spa) 0:00:50
5 Rinaldo Nocentini (Ita) AG2R 0:01:13
6 Johann Tschopp (Swi)
7 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) 0:01:19
8 Kenny Elissonde (Fra) 0:01:34
9 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) 0:01:44
10 Maxime Bouet (Fra) 0:01:57
11 Daryl Impey (RSA) 0:02:01
12 Zdenek Stybar (Cze) 0:02:08

Yeah, the boy done good, nobody is missing from that roster except
Valverde. An item of interest is the presence of Zdenek Stybar at 12.
This guy knows how to ride a bike that's for sure and he should have
room to improve.

Cadel did bloody well here too. I'm surprised he held off Purito.

Oh yes that's right, for some reason I appear to have mentally written
Cadel off for this season, possibly somewhat prematurely.

Geez and here I thought it was just a training race.

This clip of three of the best climbers in the world trying to be
sprinters should put paid to that notion. The bike 'throws' are fairly
amusing.
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13...r-of-Oman.aspx