Old August 27th 06, 08:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

Default Camelbak - The SlipStream

john_childs wrote:
A 100 oz pack with room for gear should be the starting point. Then
look around for some smaller packs for shorter or cooler rides.

I'd agree with JC here, and also with U-Turn. If you can only afford
one, go big, then get smaller ones if/when budget allows. I currently
have a Camelbak Cloud Walker, which is fairly roomy for storage, and
has a 70 oz bladder. It's starting to show some wear and tear, and I'll
definitely be heading for a Mule when it's time to replace it. For any
big ride, I find the 70 oz. either barely adequate or inadequate.
Often I toss a sport bottle of water or gatorade into the pack as
supplement. On my 32 mile ride today, I started with 70 oz. and had to
stop twice to add additional 24 oz bottles into the bladder, plus
downing two 24 oz bottles of sports drink. All that over 4 hours with
no need to pee.

The cargo room is nice too. With the bigger Camels, they have cinch
straps so you can tighten things down when you don't have a lot of gear
in there. But it's nice to have the space when you're planning on being
on the trail all day, far from stores or phones. You want room for
pump, food, camera, rail gear when applicable, all sorts of stuff.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

UNICYCLING to fight Multiple Sclerosis...click 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/px9q9) to help.