Old August 1st 20, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Man arrested after argument at Old Town junction ends withcyclist on car bonnet

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 4:49:29 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
On Saturday, 1 August 2020 10:38:15 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
AN ARGUMENT between a cyclist and a driver in Old Town ended with the cyclist falling on the car's bonnet as the motorist tried to drive away.

A man in his 50s from Swindon was later arrested by police on suspicion of dangerous driving.

He has since been released from custody under investigation while officers continue their investigation into what happened.

I assume his driving priviges have been suspended pending trial.
Attempted murder would be the charge if he had used any other sort of weapon and he would be held on remand.

It would seem that he tried to run over the cyclist, who landed on the bonnet and he subsequently tried to drive off with the cyclist still on the bonnet. Looks like attempted murder to me, like those 3 thugs driving a car who killed a policeman trailing behind them by a rope and got serious jailtime the other day.