Old August 2nd 20, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

Default Bicycle Security News

On Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 5:45:49 PM UTC+2, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/2/2020 12:29 AM, AK wrote:
On Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 12:19:14 AM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 03:31:43 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 07:16:03 +0700, John B. wrote:

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 12:13:18 -0700 (PDT), AK
wrote:

On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 9:12:01 AM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
or maybe fake news

https://cyclingindustry.news/scienti...roof-material-
well-suited-to-bike-security/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

I wonder if a battery angle grinder could cut it?

Andy

There was a youtube of cutting a plate made from the "stuff" and the
angle grinder seemed to cut it pretty well but the wheel wore very
rapidly.
https://bgr.com/2020/07/21/uncuttabl...cutting-tools/

But I wonder what happens when you attack it with a 4 ft set of bolt
cutters?

It will not be cut. Wrinkled maybe, You need shears to cut it.
Bolt cutters are good for cutting bolts, steel rod, etc. Not so good on
your hands.

Look at the O.P. site. It shows a rather fat bicycle cable lock. No
reason that it wouldn't fit a set of bolt cutters. Bolt cutters with,
say, 30 inch handles - RTDGID S30 - will cut some fairly thick cables
:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Thinking about the bikes I had over 50 years.

None of my bikes were stolen unless I failed to lock them up.

When I lived in on the 2nd floor of an apartment right next to the managers apartment, I felt secure that no one would try to steal my bike.

Big mistake. Some stole my Raleigh 3-speed bike. :-(

Andy

Please consider NOT voting for Trump.

Why would I ever consider that even for a moment?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971