Old September 6th 05, 03:07 AM
Bleve

Default looking for a "wrench force" supplier?

Rayc wrote:
Bleve wrote:

(and, who wants to help me make a wheel press? )

You're going to press it into the shape of a pretzel?

heh, no

(well, not by design ....)

According to Jobst (and at least in this area, I'm inclined
to accept what he says as being accurate), low spoke count wheels
need a -lot- of tension, and bladed spokes are almost impossible
to tension sufficiently without some form of press (or the
spokes tear and twist)

then try the nearest stormwater drain grating, or a tram track

hahahah

what sorta spoke key you need? regular park black or red? have a spare
black you can have (new too)

I don't know... these rims have internal nipples. I'm lead to
believe they're hex wrench jobs. The plan is to have a half
dozen or so spare nipples & spokes, and the tools required to
rebuild the wheel if/when it fails.

ray

ps. bring the wheel around?

I'll bring the whole bike

There's nothing wrong with it (yet) - I just want to be
prepared.