Old December 6th 18, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default "councils could not "babysit everyone on a bike or urge them to slow down"

TMS320 wrote:
On 06/12/2018 14:58, JNugent wrote:
On 06/12/2018 14:13, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/12/2018 13:10, JNugent wrote:
On 06/12/2018 11:05, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/12/2018 02:01, JNugent wrote:

It is vanishingly unlikely that he had never used the route
before if he was using it to "cycle home" at 2:15 am. It is
reasonable to suppose that he knew full well that this
pedestrian access had at least two flights of steps along its
length (he'll have been at least as aware as anyone else of the
local changes in level and the need for steps or ramps).

I don't think it is "vanishingly unlikely" that a person can know
about a route but has no reason to use it normally. It was the
middle of May and a warm night, after all, and probably no rush to
get home. It's a nice time to be out exploring...

...whilst around three times over the alcohol limit (for driving).
Yes - what could be more natural or normal than exploring in the
dark (which is exactly the point) whilst ...er ... inebriated?

Fortunately not everybody is like you.

I am surprised that you go sightseeing around your home area after
midnight in the dark whilst ****ed, but I have no choice but to
believe you... or something.

Some people like watching 22 men in fancy chase a leather ball round a
lawn. How weird.

On footballing I have to agree with you, even though it does go against the
grain.