Old April 29th 19, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Belt drive

On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 9:11:10 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/26/2019 10:40 AM, Joerg wrote:
Beats
me why one still cannot buy this:

http://www.analogconsultants.com/ng/bike/Muddy5.JPG

The most likely reason is because there isn't a very large market for
such things. Lets see... you are 1.

Sometimes a market needs to be awakened first. Many times I heard people
say "I had to carry this, that and the other thing so I used the car".
Well, I don't, which is why my bikes see 2-3x the mileage of my car.

And so hundreds of your neighbors now have battle-tank bicycles and have
stopped driving their cars? ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank, it is rather surprising that so many young people do have bike that are half way between a touring bike and a road bike. Racks and very large equipment bags. And since they are in their 20's - early 40's they still pass me on the climbs like that.