Old July 7th 20, 01:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

Default Drivers STILL using Liverpool pop-up lane as a 'car park' afterdouble yellows installed

On 06/07/2020 20:17, Mike Collins wrote:
On Monday, 6 July 2020 02:02:29 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 06/07/2020 00:44, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 5 July 2020 16:35:29 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 05/07/2020 16:29, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 5 July 2020 14:35:01 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 05/07/2020 12:33, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jul 2020 01:46:35 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

On 03/07/2020 23:01, Pamela wrote:
On 20:50 3 Jul 2020, Mike Collins said:
On Friday, 3 July 2020 17:52:27 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 03/07/2020 17:34, Mike Collins wrote:
On Friday, 3 July 2020 15:48:36 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 03/07/2020 10:46, Simon Mason wrote:

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling...ly-2020-275111

Does anyone of any importance really care?

Yes.

Who?

Me.

You're important? To whom?

To himself.

I would imagine.

Probably.

I expect.

Mind you, I could be wrong.

You? Wrong? Good grief, is that a wingéd Pig?

I allow it as a mere theoretical possibility.

But it is unlikely. Perhaps as you imply, he isn't important to himself.
All the evidence is against it, though.

I am the reason the universe exists, when I die the universe will cease to be.

That was suspected. Thank you for confirming it.

All of which is irrelevant.

"Irrelevant" to what?

The photo shows a car parked on the footway, on double yellow lines and obstructing a cycleway.
Do you condone or condemn the driver, those are the only options available to you.

I ask why a city council would wish to interfere in such a manner with
the lives of the residents (of whom there are several hundred along the
300 yards or so of Kingsley Road, between Upper Parliamant Street and
Princes Gate.

Other than for virtue-signalling, of course.

It's not as though Kingsley Road is a main route, not that you would
know that.

Just answer the question, do you condone or condemn the motorist for parking on the footway?

Parking on a footway?

Is that what they residents were doing?

I was reasonably sure that they were parking on the carriageway, up
against the kerb in the normal way. If that is prevented (for no good
reason), no-one should be surprised if a few people feel that they have
to make do with whatever parking they can find (not, of course, that
parking on a footway is an offence outside London).