Old May 24th 04, 11:35 AM
Dave Kahn

Default The _Observer_ on "deadly" bike lanes

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message ...

One must also take responsibility for ones own safety. If there was a
section of road that you believe was dangerous, why not get off before it
and walk past that bit? Surely its madness to cycle on a bit of road you
believe to be dangerous, just because someone painted the words 'cycle lane'
on it?

If I walked every stretch of unsuitable cycle lane it would convert
about 6 miles of my daily total from cycling to walking. I'm sure one
of the reasons we see so many pavement cyclists these days is that
that is the solution they have adopted to these dangerous cycle lanes.

--
Dave...