Old November 18th 08, 05:07 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

Default The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Nov 18, 3:38 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
You must be an idiot. I have lived most of my life as a hermit without a
computer. I could easily live the rest of my life without a computer, but
why should I. I can find lots to amuse me on it, like these ****ing stupid
newsgroups for instance.

The past is the past and this is the here and now and in the here and

now is it apparent that you are incapable of severing your cyber-
umbilical chord. You have made that quite clear at this juncture.
You cannot consider yourself to be a true hermit until you have done
so. No hermit worthy of the label would have a computer and/or
internet connection.

Being a hermit has nothing to do with cutting yourself off from a culture,
which in part is what a computer and the Internet provides. It simply means
that you do not see many people and prefer to be alone.
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka