Old November 30th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jorg Lueke

Default Article: 12 steps to get your bike commute started

On Nov 29, 6:59*pm, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:
"Jorg Lueke" *wrote: A good article though I am not sure about carrying a

tire iron.
In this context, I am sure that "tire iron" should be interpreted to mean:
any compact, light weight device that will enable you to pop the bead on and
off the rim. *OTOH, a heavy tire iron that resembles a car spring or abalone
pry bar might be useful for fending off dogs ;-)

I am sure, but I get a much different visual :-)