Old December 9th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Trainers

XC skiing. You know, if all this talk keeps up I'm going to end up
having to try it. I'd need wide skis, as my route is ungroomed and in
some cases untouched trails. I'd only use them when the snow was too
deep to ride through, so they wouldn't get a ton of use, which makes
it hard to justify the expense. I also don't have a lot of faith I'd
like it, since i don't really like downhill skiing. I do like to
snowboard, but that's really hard on level ground. Maybe I'll hit up
the local recycled sports and see how cheap they could get me up and
running. I almost bought snow shoes last winter, but decided the
going would still be too slow for commuting.

BTW, regarding the snowblowers, 4" of slush can be pretty heavy. I'll
shovel 8" of powder every time, but when it's the wet heavy stuff the
snowblower is much faster. When it's a race to get it done and get to
work, the snowblower is nice.