Old December 11th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
PatTX[_2_]

Default Irish Lightness

::
:: My Irish friends laugh at Americans who are labouring under the
:: misapprehension that they're Irish in any meaningful way because they
:: have at least one ancestor from Ireland...
::
:: Pete.

Well, as it happens, I agree with you. No one of any ethnic origin should
have any thoughts whatsoever about the location their grandparents or
parents came from! The Mexican-Americans should immediately stop thinking of
their ancestors' homeland because, well, it just isn't "meaningful", now, is
it? Barack Obama should immediately give up any idea of appreciating Kenya,
Japanese_Americans should disdain any favorable thoughts of Japan, and Henry
Kissinger should get rid of that ridiculous accent because his heritage just
isn't "meaningful." And those Indian-British people should immediately stop
having an interest in India because it just isn't "Meaningful."

I am so glad you cleared this up for everybody. Only people whose ancestors
still live in the location where their descendants live should have any
ethnic identity, pride, nostalgia, whatever you want to call it. In fact,
let's just scrub the word "heritage" right from the dictionary! That way,
your Irish friends can laugh at that as well.

Pat in TX