Old December 21st 08, 07:48 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default December Cold in Minnesota

In article ,
A Muzi wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article
,
Jorg Lueke wrote:

On Dec 20, 1:08 am, Tim McNamara wrote:
In article

,
Johnny Borborigmi wrote:

On Dec 18, 2:05 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Well, as you can tell, I am starting to go crazy from the cold.
Any of you who are living in more moderate climes should count
your blessings. Right about now, I would give my soul for a
little warmth. My advice to anyone reading these forlorn words
of mine is that if you are still young make it your life's work
to find a decent climate to live in. You do not want to end up
like me, cursing the weather every day of your life.
Well We're getting hammered right now with a big storm here in
NY. 7+ inches so far. Probably 9-10 before it's over. It's 20
degrees F. currently as I type this. No bike riding for me!
Minnesota is in line for getting it tomorrow- 6-10" here and up
to 12" towards the Iowa border. On the upside, we've been in a
drought for a long time and are still 7-8" short on rainfall over
much of the state, so this will be helpful for the 2009 growing
season.

My bikes are put away in the winter. Even with studded tires,
it's no fun riding when you're surrounded by ground missiles that
are barely under the control of their operators. The standards
of winter driving around here have been declining for years- a
combination of an aging population, a significant influxleas of
people seeing snow for the first times in their lives, and
repeated budget cutting for road repair and maintenance because
low taxes are more important than a functioning infrastructure...
At least 6" so far, next comes the wind and the sub zero temps :-)
I think I will skip the Timberwolves game, but it's good sledding
weather.

I went to a jazz workshop at 12:30 and it was a minor slog over
snow covered roads and highways (I-94 and I-35W), but not too bad.
I did see that there were four or five cars that had spun off the
road, collided, etc. on eastbound I-94 between the Mississippi
River bridge and Cretin-Vandalia in St. Paul. At 4:15 when I left
the workshop to go home, the wind had picked up and the
temperatures felt much colder- it's dropped 13 degrees F since
1:00PM to 8F now, and will be dropping to 2F tonight and -14F
tomorrow night. Sigh. I'm not a real Minnesotan and I don't enjoy
this stuff.

We get your 'used' weather a few hours later.

LOL! Although this past week or so you had some special delivery
weather we didn't get.