Old May 11th 11, 09:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Peter Clinch

Default recumbent fit?

On 11/05/11 03:03, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:
On 5/10/2011 6:53 PM, Kerry Montgomery wrote:
Hi all,
Have recently changed from an upright bike to a recumbent - what is
the rule
of thumb (rule of thigh?) for setting the seat-to-pedal distance?

Heels flat on the pedals with your legs fully extended, or about a 20°
minimum knee bend when pedaling. Make sure you are fully back in the
seat when doing so.

The fist bit of that is what I use as a rule of thumb, but note that
rules of thumb are where to /start/, not where to finish. Fettle
empirically fore and aft from that and test it to see it's right for you.

I find on the 'bent I'm less sensitive to the exact distance than I am
to saddle height on a wedgie. Others seem to find differently so you
can't assume "set it /here/" advice will necessarily apply to you.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK