Old September 3rd 18, 05:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default UK Cyclist Figgers Out DC

A UK cyclist was going from Alaska to Argentina and was planning to camp out in the park. I told him he could camp out in the back yard or sleep on the sofa. To make sure he got a good night's sleep I started talking U.S. politics to the captive audience.

He mumbled sleepily that everyone in DC had "ulterior motives."

That's it! That's all ya gotta know to know DC politics!

He got such a good night's sleep I consider myself lucky he didn't slip into a coma. I'd haffa call 911. Who wants to explain a cadaver?

Next day I went for a ride as well. By then he must have reached the Sea of Cortez. All mountains in every direction were obscured by dust. I had planned to give the traveler a dust mask but I forgot.

Just wondering, does everyone on the entire planet know that everyone in DC has ulterior motives?

If so I won't feel so bad about not giving him a dust mask.

Bret Cahill