Old November 5th 09, 02:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Baka

Default Small Time Terrorists destroy Parisian Utopian Bike Program

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tim McNamara" wrote in message
In article ,
dgk wrote:

[...]
Nor can we keep our parks nice, or our cities clean, or our people
educated. We can, however, spend huge amounts of money for two
unnecessary wars. There's a great thought isn't it, unnecessary war.

Buchanan seems to think WWII was an unnecessary war, that Britain
(Churchill) should have let Hitler and Stalin have their way with Poland. He
might be right. After all, what business was it of Britain.

One hell of a lot. If Hitler had his way with Poland he would not have
stopped anyway. And no, Mr. Ed, he may *NOT* have been right. Get your
facts together or go away.

Oh, our city maintenance and civic quality of life went in the dumper
long before the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, at least here in St. Paul.
It happened during Norm Coleman's stint as mayor. Our taxes went up,
city services went down and corporate welfare boomed. The public
welfare, not so much. And education has suffered in America for many
years, since we put the whacky and the delusional in charge of our
schools on a regular basis.

Reality check. In 1963 I went to an excellent high school in Arlington
Heights, Illinois. I loved it because they had advanced and remedial
classes. The jocks went to remedial, most went to regular, and I went to
all the advanced classes. The motivation was that all the smart girls
were in the advanced classes and I did not have to tolerate the really
stupid kids who dragged the whole class down. My parents moved to
California in 1963 and it was culture shock. They taught in slow motion
and about 2 years behind Illinois schools, and only cared about head
count and graduating *everyone* out the door. College was the same. That
wasn't anything to do with politics directly, just an already overloaded
school system (in 1963).

We have become a nation in which stupidity
is held up as a virtue and enforced ignorance is seen as good policy.

GWB was a prime example of that.

All large cities in the US are in the care of Democrats (liberals). No
wonder they are so ****ed up! And all schooling is in the hands of liberals
too. No wonder that is equally ****ed up!

Sorry Mr. Ed, the Republicans are worse. Did Bush (either of them) do
anything for the schools? Not more than lip service. No child left
behind just means that we will dumb down the courses so that Forrest
Gump can be an A student. That just ruins it for the smart kids.
You are 110% wrong here, Ed.

Of course, the excesses of the wealthy, led by Greenspan and Rubin,
have pretty much pushed our financial system to the limit, which will
drain more wealth from the middle class to prop it back up. I don't
think Obama will succeed in trying to undue the disaster of the
Clinton/Bush years because he's just a centerist democrat. But I sure
hope he does, because otherwise we're going to see facism here.

Possibly a bit of anarchy thrown in too. Wasn't the American revolution
supposed to be about having a free country? I would rather see someone
farther left than Obama or at least someone with a clue.

Obama is a far-left-whacko-screwball (all one word) . Tune in to the Glenn
Beck show on Fox News to get the facts.

WTF do you think *you* are going to accomplish? Glenn Beck? Is he the
new Rush Limburger? Another total lying sack of **** we don't need.
It does appear that we need a new party free of the good old boys
corruption in both parties we have now. Mandatory retirement at 70
should be the rule, not so much because of diminishing ability but to be
young enough to keep up with the changes that happen every generation,
gradual changes, but they do happen. A law passed by an old man for his
generation might not apply to the up and coming generation.

Ummm. "Going to?" Maybe you were living somewhere else 2001-2009.

The fascism is already here. I got stopped by two goons on a road on my
bicycle because somebody had used their cell phone to say there was a
guy on a bicycle with a camera and binoculars. They were DHS and CIA and
called a county sheriff to take me and my bike home and out of their
turf. Again, I was on a public road with cars zipping by and these
clowns told me it was an 'orange' security day. Damn Bush was paranoid
about everything.

Tim McNamara is a Minnesota Liberal, one of the dumbest species ever to
inhabit the planet. Types like him gave us Humphrey, E. McCarthy, Mondale
and many other assholes to numerous to mention. Now we are stuck with Obama
because of ilk like him. What is needed of course is another Reagan!

Ed,
Your ignorance is showing. Nixon was one of your kind. President Nancy
was a weird 8 years. Bush #1 was bad news and baby weed was really bad
if he could single handedly bring down the world economy.
What don't you understand?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

My magnificent brain is tired of your not so magnificent drivel.
*PLONK*
Bill Baka