Old August 11th 09, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul O

Default Glueless Tire Patches

wrote, On 8/10/2009 11:57 PM:
I happened to be in a K-Mart store yesterday, and decided I'd see
what sort of bike stuff they had. The thing I noticed was a patch kit
that features patches that don't require cement/glue.
Anyone here have any experience with these patches? Maybe I just
have a suspicious nature, but they sound just a tad too good to be true.

Bill

__o | Let's have a moment of silence for all those Americans
_`\(,_ | who are stuck in traffic on their way to the gym
(_)/ (_) | to ride the stationary bicycle. -- Earl Blumenauer

"Glueless" patches have been around for years. I've never used them
myself, but many people swear by them. I'm sure that they can be a
significant time saver when it comes to making roadside repairs.

However, I prefer to defer to the master when it comes to such matters. See:
http://sheldonbrown.com/flats.html#patchkits

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)