Old October 6th 03, 02:46 AM
duaner

Default New Torker: My first attempts trying to ride...

Congrats! Sounds like you are making great progress.

Already mentioned:
- Eyes out (not looking down).
- Weight on seat

Not yet mentioned (and, my opinion, more important than weight on
seat):
- both arms out for balance

I concur with other feedback: once you've gone a few revolutions, it's
time to quit using support for riding, and only use it to get started.
Note: when using support it does help if you you can switch sides to
prevent lop-sided learning; that is, ride with fence on your right, then
ride back with fence on your left.

I have a friend who just learned using a curved fence, he'd ride with it
on his right curving right, then on his left curving left. What I found
interesting: as soon as he got his balance figured out and only needed
support for the mount, he had exceptional direction control (for a
beginner).

duaner.

--
duaner - -