Old December 7th 18, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default SKS RENNKOMPRESSOR: A superior, recommended floor pump

On 12/7/2018 12:47 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/7/2018 1:32 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/7/2018 9:40 AM, patrick wrote:
 A question about floor pumps with the gauge down at
the foot of the pump. Does that position make the gauge
more susceptible to moisture contamination interfering
with the gauge accuracy? I was surprised with the water
buildup from 2 weeks of semidaily operation in my park
pump- to the point that I took the top fitting off,
popped the piston/rod section off and left it upside down
in the sun for the remainder of the day to clear out the
accumulation.    Pat

All compressed air systems have condensation issues.
Remove the cover or case and drill a small (1~2mm) hole in
it to vent moisture, as is general practice for compressed
air gauges.

??

Where are you talking about drilling?

The clear cover or the plastic/steel outer case.

I did note especially to REMOVE it, then drill, hoping the
guy wouldn't wreck the mechanism or Bourdon tube if it has one.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/