Old September 23rd 04, 12:48 PM
Lars S. Mulford

"Edward Dolan" wrote
"Young folks wouldn't be caught dead on a recumbent"

Howdy Ed and others:

You're wrong on the above comment. Not only do I have two children who are
active bent riders, but they are girls. The love their bikes and get a real
kick out of whupping up on the young lads in our neighborhood who try to
keep up with them. At least where I'm from here in lower Delaware,
recumbent bikes are on a popular upswing and now when I ride every day, I
see at least another one every time out. For an area as rural as this, I
think that's terrific.

In direct contrast to the comment you made above, there are significant
numbers of young ones who are riding in our area. Perhaps it is an issue of
demographics or the like, but they're popular here, both with young and old
alike.

--
"Sea" ya!
--Lars S. Mulford